Indoor cycling is one of the more popular group workouts, along with the likes of aerobics, kickboxing, yoga, and Zumba. Riding an indoor cycling bike is different from your standard exercise bike. Positioning is one of the main differences. With stationary bikes, the position is more upright, while leaning forward is necessary on cycling bikes. The resistance also differs, as stationary bikes have built in programs while most cycling bikes use a knob.
Perhaps what makes indoor cycling more attractive is the variety of positions and workouts you can do. Cycling bikes just allow you to do more by exercising different muscles; you can do standing climbs, sprints, and squats. The resistance can also be altered much more quickly and conveniently.
Cycling bikes also give you that road bike feel for those who desire it. If you are interested in buying an indoor cycling bike, here are a few to consider.
- Compact, strong, with aluminum frame and post to resist corrosion
- Two water bottle holder
- Handlebars are resistant to sweat
- Cycle could be stored and moved easily with transport wheels
- Adjustable seat with aft/fore adjustment
- Dual-sided pedals
- Cost: $1400
LeMond RevMaster Sport
- Resistance knobs let you to change the amount of your workout from difficult to easy
- Strong and durable steel frame, equipped for extra weight with a built-in Kevlar belt
- Water bottle holder fitted on the handlebars
- Multi-position handlebars
- Adjustable seat positions with suitable ruler design
- Bike frames have built-in wheels for portability and set floor levelers for all kinds of floor surfaces
- Range of seat adjustment suits just about any height
- Price: $1095
CycleOps 200 Pro Indoor Cycle
- Seat and handlebars adjust both ways
- Joule system tracks distance, heart rate, and time among others
- Customizable. You replace or change the handlebars, pedals, and seat
- Choose from three modes of training with a built-in dashboard
- Speed up, then coast or cruise with freewheeling quality for upturn periods
- Wireless data transfer capability
- Media-friendly bike
- Price: $1800
The different cycling bike designs above are built for individuals of various experience levels. Cycling is an intense workout routine, but can be very enjoyable if you mix it up. Cycling DVDs can also help keep things interesting.
I would also recommend supplementing your cycling training with other types of workouts. Cycling on a regular basis will lead to physical and mental burnout. Take days off so you stay energized and excited about cycling. cycling gifts